Angela Blaylock, CPA
Location: Visalia, CA
Angela Blaylock has almost 20 years of public accounting experience specializing in income taxation, accounting services and succession planning. She works with clients in a variety of industries, but most extensively in the agribusiness industry; specializing in dairy, orchard and vineyard to name a few. Angela’s clients range from small family partnerships and sole proprietorships to very large multi-entity and multi-facility operations. She enjoys getting to know her clients and values the relationship that forms working together over time.
Areas of Specialty:
- Extensive Agribusiness Background – Dairy, Orchard, Vineyard, etc.
- Estate and Succession Planning – Goal Planning
- Tax planning and compliance
- Tax deferred exchanges
- Restructuring – entity formation and dissolution
- Complex business transactions
- Financial statement preparation
- Cash flow and budgeting
California State University, Fresno
Bachelor of Science, Accounting
Professional Associations and Activities:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Boys and Girls Clubs of the Sequoias
- Tulare Kings Estate Planning Council
- California Women for Agriculture
June 2015 – Large Estate and Appreciating Assets-Look at an IDGT, Progressive Dairyman
Using an intentionally defective grantor trust (“IDGT”) might just be the estate planning tool you are looking for. An IDGT is an estate planning tool used to freeze certain assets of an individual for estate tax purposes but not for income tax purposes. Read this article if you want to make sure your assets are passed down to your children and not Uncle Sam by using an IDGT.